My thoughts on fashion are random and often sound lame to others, but here goes. I learned long ago from my best friend Annie, that its easier to get ready in the morning if your closet is color coded. Oh and it just looks nicer. So I believe in making your closet a fun and pretty place to be. Test it out, life will be simpler if you organize by color.
I also am a big believer in Thrift or second hand shopping. I was taught how to navigate through sales and old hand me downs growing up, I am so grateful for this skill and now find joy in doing it. I love finding something fabulous in a mound of crap. The price doesn't hurt either.... no buyers remorse. My favorite thrift stores are in Pacific Beach in San Diego. They are a must hit while down there. But if you are located here in Utah I have found great finds at Plato's Closet and of course the ever popular Deseret Industries. There is yard sales too, don't judge I love them. Perk: Plato's Closet will buy your old clothes so you can make some money.
I am on a kick lately where I wanted to revamp my whole wardrobe. I was just sick of looking at the same old crap. So, I sold most of my stuff to Plato's and began shopping. I have wanted to go more classy and simple, sounds easy right? Not so much. I feel very limited here in Utah, just not very many options.
Here are some thoughts if you are looking to change your look:
Find pieces that are timeless
Clothing that can work in multiple ways
Add color with shoes (I know nude shoes are in at the moment but simple colorful shoes add so much personality)
I am a cardigan LOVER is putting it mildly. Cardigans are classy and colorful and they cover arm and back fat!!!!
Know what works for your body? But be willing to branch out
Skirts are always cute and pretty
Don't over accessorize
Cut off old jeans for summer
Hopefully this helps someone out there!
This outfit is all secondhand and under $32 including purse.



15 comments:
omg you're so freaking cute! and YOU taught me to color coordinate MY closet! and i LIVE by it!
Take it from a husband- this is one of the greatest skills your wife can have. Paige will go shopping all day, come home with bags of clothes, and spend less than $100. It's awesome!!
Oh, and the major perk of yard sale shopping(which i hate more than Satan) for me is that during college football season i generally get the house to myself till the early afternoon. Also, awesome!!
I'm so glad you have a blog...so fun to check it out. And I LOVE this post of about shopping thrifty! I am the same way and LOVE finding a great deal, it just makes my day. You are awesome, and your kids are adorable. Miss ya!
Paige, We need to go shopping so I can have some hands on help.
Also here is my blog mwnielsen.blogspot.com
Your blog is fun.. I didn't realize you were posting so often, I love it! I need to check in more often.
P.S. I think your style ROCKS.
Oh yeah... I forgot, I color code our closets too! :)
Yeah, you've always been such a bargain-finder and uber-stylish! I would totally love to go shopping with you, you're adorable!
Well, just look how cute you are! Love the look. You've always been a great stylist. You're beautiful, Paige!
My 3rd comment for this post... I disagree with your cardigan suggestion, instead, I suggest people wear tubetops, to enhance backfat. :)
What would I do without you to dress me???
Thanks for everyones post, I so enjoy them!
I love color coding closets! I do it for me and for my girls, too. You are so darling!
Dear Friend.. PLEASE update my wardrobe. Thank You :)
Your closet is fabulous and you are so beautiful!
Post a Comment