Friday, April 15, 2011
Friendship/Sister Spotlight
Today I am feeling like I want to spotlight my wonderful friend and sister Mandy Sommers. She rocks in so many ways, and here they are: First she is so crazy fun! She can literally make any situation fun, loud and exciting. Really, never a dull moment with her around. She has a wonderful supportive husband (we often joke you have to be pretty laid back if you marry a Greer girl) and four of the most amazing children, with all different personalities. The whole family is such a joy to be around, we miss them terribly. Mandy lately has had a million projects, and one of her amazing talents is she literally conquers all of them at 100 percent. Her biggest project right now is organizing and training women for the Iron Girl Triathlon. She is managing about 55 women and getting them outfitted and physically and mentally ready for the race in Las Vegas on April 30th. I swear this is what she was born to do...motive and inspire, extreme training, empowering women, gathering people by the masses and doing all this while having fun. It is so enjoyable to watch her live life to the fullest and accomplish her daily goals along with her life long dreams.
I think is she is a fantastic mother, really those kids won't know till they get older how cool their mom really is. I think she is so creative in the literal sense and in the, think outside the box way. She is an amazing cook and can and will can(as in canning) just about anything. I swear she could totally hold her own with all the pioneers. One of my most favorite stories of her... When she lived in Heber Valley, UT and I lived in Sugarhouse, UT she would tell me if ever a disaster happens just make it over the mountain and we are set, when it comes to food storage she is loaded and so resourceful. I swear Mandy could live in the mountains for months with her storage. So if you are in Ramona and something happens just make your way to Mandy's house.
She can ABSOLUTELY accomplish anything she wants. She is gorgeous inside and out. I am grateful she is an amazing older sister and am so glad that I can call her anytime with any questions. I wish everyone could have an older sister named Mandy Sommers, you guys are missing out. Yay for my amazing older sister today, and thought I would tell the world she Rocks!
check out her website http://averagetrigirl.com/
Love always,
Paige
P.S. This picture reminds me of her in so many ways. Its one of my favorite paintings. The Responsible Woman by James Christensen
Labels:
spotlight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
K, now I am DYING to be friends with your sister! She sounds great, but you left something out... SHE has an amazing sister too. :)
xo
I can't agree more with Paige! Don't forget her loving heart and willingness to serve others whenever and wherever she sees a need! She is a wonderful granddaughter and I feel so fortunate that she is mine!
Let's just face it...I made some AMAZING kids! haha! And I take full credit!
Yes, Mishmom, You certainly did! And so did I! I give God credit for mine though! However, you definitely deserve credit for your AMAZING kids even though you did have Scott to help!
I am so lucky I got to see her a week ago. I miss her already! All of what you wrote was true and more! And James' pic of her is so perfect. :P I have such fabulous and beautiful sisters! Why can't we all live closer?!
Miss you Paige!
Post a Comment