Monday, April 4, 2011

Genesis Ward

This is Issa, from Tanzania Africa. Me on my mission. 


After a marvelous weekend of General Conference (LDS members, get to hear from the leaders) we were invited sunday night with our dear friends the England family to a ward here in Salt Lake called The Genesis Ward.  This ward is so amazing, it is made up of mostly African-Americans and has such a vibrant energy to it.  You can't help but be happy and smiling through the whole thing.  I was impressed with the kindness and accepting attitude they showed us.  We were honored to hear from a traveling choir called ROC, Remembering Our Culture.  http://www.roctheplanet.org/ They were powerful, impressive and joyfull.  The spirit was so strong in that building.  I am so grateful we got to experience this with our kids and wonderful friends.  It made me kinda miss my mission and the culture in Detroit.  The Bishop literally said at one point, "Can I get an AMEN?" AAAMMMEEENNN!

http://www.ldsgenesisgroup.org/

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Sounds AWESOME. I wish I was your mission companion once upon a time, but I will just have to settle on being your finger-cut-off-twin-sister-same story- person. :)

TWINERS!

P.S. That cabbage is making me hungry. Love me some cabbage.