I don't know why, but I am suddenly fascinated with Audrey Hepburn. I know what you are thinking, have I been living under a rock? The answer is NO. I have, here and there grown up on some of her movies, but this last week I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. I found myself totally intrigued with her. Her cuteness, style, accent, sassiness. So I did a little research and thought I would share some of her accomplishments in life as an Icon that has had such a huge effect on so many things around us.
Did you know...Audrey Hepburn was born on May 4, 1929 in Brussels, Belgium. She really was blue-blood from the beginning with her father, a wealthy English banker, and her mother, a Dutch baroness.
While vacationing with her mother in Arnhem, Holland, Hitler's army took over the town. It was here that she fell on hard times during the Nazi occupation. Audrey suffered from depression and malnutrition. After the liberation, Audrey went to a ballet school in London on a scholarship and later began a modeling career. As a model, she was graceful and, it seemed, she had found her niche in life - until the film producers came calling.
Her Movies are:
Always (1989)
She won 1 Oscar for her role in Roman Holiday.
She donated all the salaries she earned for her final projects to UNICEF. She died January 20th 1993 of cancer.
Isn't she gorgeous older in this picture?
I can't wait to go through these films one by one. Some things I found interesting while reading about her life. She set a goal to never be over 103 pounds, and she was insecure about her size 10 shoes. She smoked 3 packs a day. What an interesting LADY. I feel like the whole Hollywood world had such class back in the day. Wouldn't it be interesting to sit down with her and ask her tons of questions about her life??????


No comments:
Post a Comment