Sunday, July 10, 2011

Perfect Sunday


Do you ever have a perfect sunday?  Today seemed to be just that for me.  A calm and comfortable day.  We had a nice relaxing morning, then we churched.  Then we came home and I had to face the dreaded dinner time for the fam.  Well it all worked out perfectly with little effort.  We moved out here with nothing, so we have no pots and pans to cook with.  I have had to get pretty creative for meals.  But fortunately our friends left their bbq behind here at the house.  Yay for us, because we are using the grill daily.  We really only had hamburgers tonight but no extras like lettuce, onion, cheese, you know all the normal stuff.  I was having a hard time just eating a plain burger on a bun.  Well, luckily I got my moms skills when it comes to rummaging through the fridge and coming up with something out of nothing.  

I swear sometimes I think I might have been born in the wrong country.  People have been telling me my whole life that I look Greek.  Pretty funny I know.  My honker nose doesn't help much huh?  But besides that I always have mediterranean food in my fridge.  I am a hummus and tzatziki lover, I pretty much eat tomato and feta sandwiches daily.  So I did some rummaging and this is the finished product.  A greek inspired burger, with feta, tomato, tzatziki and cucumber.  Highly recommended.  

Does anyone have any great grill eats?  We are desperate for some more ideas.   Thanks happy Sunday to all.   

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Paige!! I'm LOVING checking out your whole new life and surroundings! What an adorable family you guys have.
The other day I wanted to become less bored with my food. I had some random skewers in my kitchen drawer so I thought I'd make some chicken kabobs.
I just cut up chicken breast, marinated them for a couple hours in soy sauce, a couple Tbls. brown sugar, and a Tbls. olive oil.
Then I just made the kabobs w/the chicken, pineapple, different colors of bell peppers, and red onions. Mmm! Delicious and easy. OH, you could add cherry tomatoes, too!
P.S. -- I hope you get some pans soon:)

Chelsea said...

You guys MUST cook pizza on the grill! SEriously our latest fave!!

Paige said...

Thanks ladies, can't wait to try these.