Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nashville


So our best friends, dating back to our missions, now live in Nashville and we were lucky enough to go visit over the holiday weekend.  We ate some of the most interesting food and had great late night conversations.  We loved Nashville even tho no sighting of Keith and Nicole, or Tim and Faith.  I for some reason really thought we would run into some country stars.  Who would you be excited to see or meet?  

Here's the adventures...


We went to the Gaylor Opryland Resort.  It was massive, not only a hotel and convention center, but also 4 different huge atriums with a river and water falls and gorgeous foliage.  Each one had different shops and restaurants in each section.  I loved it there, I could have sat down and been in a serenity now moment (of course if I were kidless).  It was so beautiful.  




I love this pic, Alicia and Britton Hill

The fam






We also went to Northshores water park on the shores of the most beautiful lake.  Super fun! 


Water weenie time!  

I loved this! 



Food, food and some more food!



This sandwich is a must try in your lifetime!  It's called a Monte Cristo.  We ate at a place called Chedders it was a casual cafe type of place.  They featured this amazing sandwich for only $6.99.   It has smoked turkey and ham, 2 cheeses on fresh bread, then it is battered and cooked.  The best part is its served with a side of raspberry preserves for dipping.  Pretty much a heart attack waiting to happen... but a must eat!  


I know you are all sick of reading about my BBQ eats.  So sorry but this one is worthy for the blog.  It is from a joint called Bar-B-Cutie, obviously they had me with the name alone.  

They did something a little different,  their pulled pork sandwiches were on a cornbread pancake bun.  It was to die for.  It added an extra sweetness that I seem to have loved!  Then I added a mixture of sauces, I liked the sweet bbq and mustard bbq, my concoction was so delish.  I want some right now.  

sampler

Fried pickles

Fried okra
http://www.bar-b-cutie.com/


Calypso Cafe!!!!!!  It had such a different variety of food and it seemed very healthy.  I ordered the Jerk rotisserie chicken, bean salad and sweet potato with coconut.  This meal was light and very satisfying.   Luke was pretty excited because we told him that Calypso is Davey Jones girlfriend.  Pretty funny.   



Just us cruising thru the cutest little town, Franklin, TN.  

We had such a wonderful time there, thank you Alicia and Brit for all the good laughs.  
  

3 comments:

alicia said...

I didn't give permission to post pictures with me in them!!! Ha. You called it Norhshores too like I did when you were here. It's Nashville shores just fyi! I miss you already. I can't believe we all just hung out in Nashville. So surreal. Love you.

Shelly said...

Wo! Food looks amazing! Fried, fried, and more fried. I wouldn't last long there without you having to roll me out the door...

Erin said...

Holla I found you! I was just browsing through, and I have to say...I also tried a monte cristo at Cheddars recently but didn't really care for it. And I didn't get the raspberry preserves.