Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Portillos...Are you kidding me?


Imagine walking into a restaurant that feels like an italian circus? Let me set the mood for you... Neon signs everywhere, pointing in every direction.  Big colorful signs covering every inch of every wall.  Checkered booths and tables on many different levels.  It's a crazy environment with crazy amazing food.  I had to go to 2 different counters to order our meals.  Less is more, does not apply in this joint. 



My order: Famous Beef Sandwich with mozzarella, sweet peppers and jalapeno's.  Here is the best part...dipped in gravy (yes the whole entire sandwich dipped into gravy)  pretty much a perfect scenario for me.  This bad boy made my mouth and and stomach so happy.  I mean Scott literally said to me, "I have rarely seen you consume food that fast."  Pretty embarrassing, but I didn't care one bit what I looked like, how I was eating or anything else for that matter.  I was in a food coma.  This place is my all time good eats here in Chicago!  


This was Scotts Meatball Sandwich... our judgement on meatball subs are always based off of Caputos Deli restaurant in Salt Lake City.  It has always been the best in our lives.  Scott rated this one equally great as his fav.  That is a huge deal.  The french bread was soft, the balls were tasty and the sauce fantastic. We were both fat and happy! 


This was the kicker!  Portillo's is world famous for their Chocolate Cake Shakes.  It's better than it sounds.  I will forever crave these shakes.  

Price was amazing, my whole family ate for under $20 bucks, shake included.  
I rate this place 10 out of 10!!!
And I hear they have a location in Moreno Valley, Cali for all you west coasters.

http://www.portillos.com/ 
 http://www.caputosdeli.com/ 



2 comments:

Sarah said...

We always go to Portillos when visit Chicago...love it! We have one right in Crystal Lake!

Erin said...

My bro and sil used to live in Chicago and love that place. when they visited from arizona this summer my sil ate there at least 5 times. :-)