Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Another way to use Essential Oils

I have been loving finding new ways to use my DoTerra essential oils, and love this new way.  I just found out that Plug in airfresheners (and tons of other stuff) have something called VOC in them. VOC stands for “volatile organic compounds” and they are highly toxic. they are chemicals with a low boiling point.  I am so sad about this because I love this quick fix to a good smelling house.  
VOC can cause all sorts of problems in your body: infertility (some of you may like that!), headaches, nervous system disorders, memory loss and cancer…. lots of things.   
But I have a solution for you...
First: Get your favorite essential oil, I used Wild Orange today because it seemed bright and fresh to me.  Wild Orange oil comes from the rind of an orange.  It is helpful in many ways here are just a few, it helps with anxiety, bones, colds, fevers, colic, complexion, wrinkles, water retention, obesity.  
Next:  Take a wallflower remove the wick and rinse it out with hot water.  Then fill it up less than half way with your essential oil, and add a little water to it.  Don't fill it to the top because it will overflow when you put the wick back in.



Put the wick back in 




Then screw it in normal and plug in.


Good luck, let me know what you think? 

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I recently learned about VOC's too and was so upset!
This is really a good solution, thanks!

Tyna Lloyd said...

It took some straining to remove the old bulb, but this works! Thanks Paige :)